I was very stressed because I have a lot of things to worry. The first thing I was very worried about was my Calculus 3 Test 1 exam. On Monday that night, we had our training until almost 3 in the morning. I was very exhausted and at the same time feeling pressured with my exam and the Orientation Night. I couldn’t stop thinking about my exam because I have not well-prepared for my exam. Finally, I decided to tell my lecturer about my problem and pressure. I felt very lucky to have him as he is really a very understanding person. He knows about my situation, and although he couldn’t allowed me to do a make-up test for this Test 1, but he is willing to give me the chance to score the Test 1 mark in my Test 2, so which means my Test 2 contains 40 marks now. I owe him a great debt of gratitude for his understanding and kindness to me and this seriously make me feel a little relieved. I promise myself to study even harder after the Orientation Night and I do not want to disappoint anyone especially my lecturer.
The second worry was my talent. From the weekend till Tuesday, I had no time to practice my talent. I was so stressed up because I was not confident with the dance that I had choreographed. I had only spent 2 hours to choreograph on Sunday. I was so worried about my talent as I was still not so familiar with all the steps and had not reviewed my performance yet. I just tell myself, what I can do is when performing my talent, I have to stay calm and just follow my “feeling” to dance.
My last worry was about the Question & Answer session on the Orientation Night. I have some kind of phobia speaking in front of many people, especially on stage. This Question & Answer will conducted by the host of the night and the 6 finalist will be chosen to get into this session. They have to pick randomly a question to answer, so this is like an impromptu way of asking, participants must answer it spontaneously. I am really not confident with my speaking because I reckon that my command in English is not good enough and when I am nervous, I will tend to mumble my words and can’t speak fluently. I started to feel tension whenever they mentioned about the Question & Answer session. But of course, this is not only my worry, my other friends that involved in this also felt pressure about it.
The night before Orientation Night, we had a full rehearsal for the whole show. Everyone was quite nervous because we had less than 24 hours left before the actual “judgement night”. One more surprise on that Tuesday night was the founder of the Social Board, Mr. Stanley ,had came to see how is our progress going on during rehearsal. I think he is an amazing guy and full with creativity and innovative because he taught us many things to make our performance more outstanding. The funniest part was he changed all the male participants’ clothing image for our preview part. Before he came to make changes, everyone was dressed in formal way and the male participants wore smartly like successful personage. However after his consultation on the guys’ clothing, they had became Taiwanese gangsters. Haha(>.<) But after changing it, it really fulfilled our Orientation Night theme “ Frenzy of Fabulosity “. We possessed ourselves with different style and feelings on that night. That is really cool!!! We had ended our rehearsal at around 5 in the morning and I started to feel drowsy and blur. In no time, I immediately went to bed and slept soundly, hoping that I Orientation Night can be done successfully.
7 years ago


No comments:
Post a Comment