Sunday, June 28, 2009

A Memorable Night






Miss and Mr. INTI, Finalist, and the judges




All Miss INTIs and Mr. INTIs, Social Board Members











It was really an unbelievable night. I really won the title of “Miss INTI” on the Orientation Night. I seriously couldn’t believe that I am the winner of the competition. I was so shocked and surprised for the result. This is really the most memorable thing for me, everything that happen from the beginning of our training till that night is unforgettable and I really treasure the happy moment that we had together in my bottom of my heart.

On Wednesday, we had to prepare our stuff needed for the orientation night at the back stage before 12 p.m. and we went to the hair salon to get our hairstyle done. After that, Stanley and his partner helped us to make up for everyone including the male participants. I was very excited for the day as this is my first time getting to dress up beautifully. But at the same time, I was also nervous about my talent and my performance for the whole Orientation Night. Everyone was busy practicing their talent and cat walk while waiting for make up to be done. I prayed so hard by heart, hoping that everything will be going on smoothly and I won’t do any mistakes during the show.

At 7.30 sharp, the Orientation Night had begun and I could feel my hand and leg started to frozen and goes numb. All of us were so nervous until could feel our heart beat is increasing drastically. We wished each other good luck right before the stage curtain opened and suddenly lots of spotlight shined on us. Our preview was then started and everyone was prepared to present in front of the judges and audience. I was so unfortunate that I accidentally fell from the platform while I wanted to prepare myself to go on the runway, that was so embarrassing (in Hokkien we say “paiseh”). Wow!!! I did not know whether the audience or the judges noticed about that but I just kept on with my cat walk without letting people to notice about that mishap.(Paisehnya....) The committees that were working at the back stage knew what happened and they quickly consoled me in no time. At the same time, the other participants also quite concerned about my injury. They are super duper kind people and I am really touched by their comfort and concern. THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!

After the preview, we had our beach wear part and everyone was enjoyed with the whole atmosphere of the show. Then the most interesting part that everyone is waiting for was our role play. I acted as a nurse and my partner was a doctor. What I remembered was when I stepped out to the stage, the crowd started to burst into cheers. Haha(>.<) I think everyone really likes to see nurse and doctor on stage. After this, my worry had started to come because the next part of the show was performing each and everyone’s talent. That had been make me worried for many days. Luckily, I did not forget what I told myself and what my partner always advised me, just stay calm and be yourself on stage, follow your feelings and dance. I finally got through my talent, although was not the best, but I had did my best. Next is our waltz time and this is the part I enjoyed the most. Hearing the song “Can I have This Dance” and every couple started to dance gracefully. This is really a lovely moment that can be seen live on stage and I believed that everyone really enjoyed it. I think this is like my “last waltz” because I do not know whether I have the chance to dance that anymore in future, so I really enjoyed every single step of dance I made on stage.


At last, the judgement time had come and judges had picked the best 6 among us to become the finalists. The finalists will then enter to the last part of the show, which is the Question & Answer session. This was also one of the things I anxious about before the Orientation Night. I was chosen to be one of the finalists and I was very happy about it. This was the question that I picked, “What is the most memorable moment you had along your whole training?” And I gave two answers, one thing that makes me memorable is every time when we are “on the wall” during our training. “On the wall” is actually our warm up before we do our cat walk. I think that after the competition, we will no longer have this kind of opportunity to be “on the wall” together. So every time we are “on the wall”, although is tough, but I enjoyed it doing together with the others. The second memorable thing is learning waltz. I love the waltz very much because I love to see the feel and chemistry between Troy and Gabriella, so in frankly speaking, I expressed all my feelings and my thoughts about our waltz on the stage that night. That was so amazing and I couldn’t believe that I have the courage to talk about it on stage.


At around 12 midnight was the time results would be announced. Everyone was so nervous and eager to know the final result. When the host announced that I was the winner, I was stunned and did not know what to react. I was crowned by the previous Miss INTI as Miss INTI May 2009 and I seriously had a shock, I just kept on smiling and saying thank you to people. Many people came to congratulate me and took picture with me.


This is really something out of my expectation and also the best day I ever had in my life. I was tremendously happy and finally I got to experience the real happiness that I always desired. Thank you to everyone that support me, concern about me, and help me along the way. This is the fate that letting me to meet so many wonderful people and I won’t forget everyone of you, the Orientation Night and everything. I wish that the happiest moment I had can come to a stop and let me have the chance to enjoy it even longer. BRAVO!!!!Thanks to everyone and their efforts in this Orientation Night. Let this happy moment to be everlasting forever.

No comments:

Post a Comment