Thursday, May 21, 2009

First Lesson For Miss INTIs

The practice on Thursday night(21/5/2009) was so tiring and my legs were very numb for the whole night. Wearing high heels for 4 hours really "kills" my legs!!! I never been through this kind of tough training anymore ever since the last time I choreographed a ballet performance for my school event during my Form 5. This training reminded me the days how my other two ballet partners and I were trained to perform the best. We were trained from day to night everyday for about 2 weeks and that was really extremely tough process. All of us had injured our legs numerous times and yet we never give up with it. Everyday we think of new steps and keep on practise it to make it perfect. Every night I could feel my whole body aching and I couldn't do anything to relieve the pain except getting a good rest and being prepared for tomorrow's training. What I remembered the most during my training was the day before the actual day of the school event, a sharp, tiny little piece of wood which looks like a needle that has approximately 1 cm poked into the bottom of my foot. I went to the PBSM room for more than an hour just to take out the wood piece from my foot and my leg was in pain. However, luckily that was just a small injury and I still managed to perform well on the next day.
Ok, enough for the past story and come back to the training session. We were required to wear a more than 3.5 inches high heels for our training. ( I never wear that high before, this is CRAZY :-( ) Our first lesson was teaching us how to cat walk. Before the practice started, we had to warm up and just the warm up also could make people starting to feel tired. To do a professional cat walk really requires alot of skills and techniques,but the most integral element in it is confidence(This is what I observed). There were 6 females for the Miss INTI Mr INTI finale, including me, I could see the girls felt aching and tired. Everytime I felt the pain, I would started to think ,why do girls must wear high heels and guys don't need to??? Is it just want girls to look more elegant?In my point of view, a girl with full confidence of herself is sufficient to make her look elegant!!! Until the next morning when I woke up, I could still feel the pain from yesterday. Hopefully this week I am already been prepared since I have three days of rest. Hope to see a better "me" this week.~GAMBATEH~

No comments:

Post a Comment